Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Moving North

Yesterday was moving day for us. We left Bullards Beach about 9 a.m. Many of the others had already left or were in the process of breaking camp. As we rolled north out of North Bend I managed to snag a quick shot of the bridge. Many of the bridges on the Oregon section of Highway 101 incorporated art deco themes. I love the shape of the arches on this one.

The weather was clearing up so I was able to pull into the viewpoint south of Heceta Head to check out my favorite lighthouse.

I've stopped the last two times I've been on this section of the highway but this time we continued north on the highway with just the view for a memory.

The light keeper's house is now operated as a Bed & Breakfast. Summer rates are higher, but my preference would be to enjoy time there during a winter storm.

Home for a few days is Logan Road RV Park in Lincoln City. We'll spend some time wandering around the area before wandering inland to higher temperatures.

One more week and we'll be headed for the barn.  :-(

7 comments:

  1. I love that bridge! But the lighthouse perched up on the rocks is so evocative of all the lighthouse lore I've read.

    Have fun wandering around the Lincoln City area -- and we won't think of the barn yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the Heceta Head light is always an awe inspiring moment for me. If I were thinking, I would have overnighted near there to try some evening photos. Next time, maybe.

      I'm not thinking of the barn as much as I'm thinking about the next mods.

      Delete
  2. That bridge photo is so cool! Great angle! And I agree, love that view of Heceta Head. I can still remember when I rounded the Hwy 101 curve and saw it for the first time. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's high praise from someone who fills their blog with wonderful photos! Heceta Head deserves extended time observing her many moods.

      Delete
  3. You're headed for the barn??? I didn't know you were on your way back, but you are welcome!

    ReplyDelete