Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hope!

April 28 - I left Snow Canyon State Park in Utah, with nothing specific in mind. Had a chance to check in with river friends in Boulder City, Nevada and Bullhead City, Arizona and moochdocked at Tony's in Bullhead City. I hadn't seen him since we came off the Grand Canyon trip last year.

I took the back roads home, in part because I haven't been there in a while. In fact, the last time we passed through Hope, we were on our first day of our Alaska road trip. This time I got a picture of the sign coming into town.

Sixteen nights on the road. Eight nights boondocking, one night moochdocking, six nights in state or federal campgrounds including one free one, and one night in a commercial RV park. Camping fees averaged $5.53 per night.

I towed the trailer 1,560 miles and drove the truck another 405 miles, much of that on gravel roads. The overall fuel mileage for the trip was 16.5 mpg which I figured was pretty good considering I was over 9000 ft. elevation several times. I had lots of fun checking out some pretty incredible areas, and bypassed others that were clearly deserving of time and attention. I don't know when but I'm hoping to be back to spend more time in an incredible area not so terribly far from home.

I'm not sure what's next for the Scamp, but hoping we use it to keep cool in the high country this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment