Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas

BJ has been busy since Thanksgiving getting ready for her favorite season of the year. It takes at least two days to get the tree decorated at our house with the ornaments elbowing one another for room on the tree.

All her handmade cards have been mailed.

Her sugar cookies are decorated and doing a poor job of hiding in the refrigerator. I've noticed that there has been some problem with inventory shrinkage - I think it's the refrigerator's fault. ;-)

I'm a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to Christmas. Retail excess that starts before Halloween turns me off although I will admit that I walked through a mall this year just to experience holiday crowds for a few minutes.

All the noise and glitter tries to hide the reason for the celebration.

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us..." John 1:14 ESV

I hope each of you enjoy a blessed Christmas.

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and BJ. May it be one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the light in the refrigerator, that is the problem. If the light goes on, a cookie disappears. Merry Christmas from people that don't even go to malls. Bless you,
    Ellen & Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and you're absolutely right - it's definitely related to that light in the fridge! Merry Christmas to you and all your wonderful family.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, John and BJ! And wishing you a wonderful, warm beginning to the New Year......just saw the mid 60's had dropped to the mid 50's!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and David, Lynne. I'm not sure about the warm - just checked the forecast and they're showing 22 degrees for the overnight low on the 31st although it seems to be a one night thing. That's lots better than the -7 degrees forecast for Moab that night!

      Delete
  4. Wow, with cookies that festive, who could blame the poor fridge? Resisting would only build up heat, and well....it's just doing it's job!

    I hope you and BJ have a happy, healthy holiday season!

    Your Fellow Curmudgeon, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that - I'd never considered that the cookie inventory shrinkage problem could be directly related to fridge efficiency! Here's best wishes to you and your family.

      Delete
  5. Those cookies bring back childhood memories of helping my mom decorate them. I can remember exactly how they tasted!
    We quit all the Christmas hoopla when became full time RVers and life is so much nicer this way. Like you, if we ever want a little taste of what we're missing, a walk through the mall reminds us we're not missing anything.
    Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to walk through a mall once a year just to remember how much I dislike them - except for the mall in Eugene that greets RVers with open arms.

      Delete
  6. Nice meeting you and P.J. today. Thanks for the cookies and fruit. It was a pleasure depleting your inventory!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we found you. Always nice when we can share before the refridgerator eats all the cookies. ;-)

      Delete