Monday, August 11, 2014

Time for a Fix-Up

I came home from the summer trip with a list of mod improvements and new mods for the trailer. After a trip to a local RV parts shop, I headed to Amazon for the rest of the parts. Imagine my surprise when the invoice for fans shows a delivery date of mid-September. Must be coming from China...

Meanwhile, the pile of parts is growing. A new water pump to replace the Harbor Freight pump (it died) that I used on the proof of concept for the external water transfer pump.

I'm not looking forward to changing the black tank drain valve, but the new door latch should be a big improvement over the factory handle.

The new LED taillights arrived today and I'm expecting Monroe shocks and more parts for the custom exhaust hood to arrive tomorrow and a few more bits and pieces by the end of the week.

I haven't ordered the solar installation pieces yet - I've got to get the custom mounts fabricated first.


  1. We won't have to worry about idle hands being the devil's workshop with you! :)

    1. Thanks, Sharon. It sure beats being bored! With cooler weather today, I actually got some stuff done but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to decide if I'm treading too close to the devil's workshop.