Wednesday, November 11, 2015

She's a Cut-up


Things have been a bit crafty around the Schroeder house the last few days. BJ decided to sew a quilted Christmas table runner. All those little pieces reminded me of her jigsaw puzzles.


With the stars sewn together, she couldn't resist laying out all the other pieces to see how her fabric choices were going to look.

I came home from a morning of desert wandering to find the quilt cover on the back of the couch. Looks nice!

Next thing I knew, she had it the cover pinned to the batting and backing. I think the picture is out of focus because the glasses are laying on the quilt... That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I was surprised how quickly the hand stitching of the binding was finished. Seems like it couldn't have been more than a couple hours.

The finished product. Just like the stores - it's not yet Thanksgiving, but the Christmas decorations are starting to show up. ;-)

2 comments: