Friday, January 25, 2019

Quartzsite Quest

We dropped the trailer off in Quartzsite on our way back from Death Valley. After a couple days at home I came back to start my annual Quartzsite wandering. Q draws me back for the fiery sunrises and sunsets and the surprises that you find as you wander the desert. The weather is cooler this year but that's OK.

I wondered if the stick in the pile of rocks was a claim corner.

Not far away, I discovered a collection of rusty tin cans which pretty well confirmed my assumptions.

Not sure if this was supposed to be Mickey Mouse or a rabbit or their sister, but it made me smile.

I happened to be in the right place at the right time to log a few First To Finds, and meet another geocacher in the process.

Another chilly morning, I was able to help some other geocachers as they got their phones set up to do Wherigo caches. Getting the app downloaded with Quartzsite's overloaded cell towers was the biggest challenge!

BJ and I did tour the Big Tent one day, but I didn't take any pictures. You're not missing anything except crowds.

Last night's sunset was even better than normal! Unfortunately, the squiggle in the middle of the picture was MUCH more impressive in real life!

Next week, the Escapee Geocaching group gets together. Time to make another pass past the new caches I placed and make sure they're clean and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment