Thursday, November 22, 2018

Reasons to be Thankful

For some reason, I've been much more reflective about Thanksgiving this year.

I was especially thankful this morning to enjoy a freeway, just for me.

And a cell phone waiting lot at the airport that didn't have any flights on the screen.

Terminal 2 is a flashback to the past, but remains our favorite local terminal. Yesterday evening all the local news programs were highlighting the hordes of people at the airport. This morning, it's all peaceful.

The carousels sit idle, but not for long, because the Alaska contingent is arriving on the all-nighter. First time in a number of years that we've had all the family together for Thanksgiving.

People that know me well know that I'm an introvert at heart, loving quiet and solitude. That said, I find that this year, I'm especially thankful for all the people in my life. Some, I rarely if ever see, others I see regularly, but to all the people in my life, I'm thankful for your influence.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you and family a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had 36 at our annual gathering today. Now, I'm recovering in my recliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Looking forward to seeing you two this winter!

      Delete