Thursday, June 7, 2018

Virtually caching


I had plans to concentrate on some non-traditional geocaches during our travels this summer. With the travel plans on hold, I started looking for non-traditional caches closer to home. Tucson has a plethora so when time and weather aligned, I headed out on an overnight trip. I concentrated on multi-caches that highlighted classic lighted signs,

and virtual caches that highlighted various public art

of various sizes

and shapes, as well as

a world famous Spanish Mission with history that dated back to the early 1690's. The current church at San Xavier del Bac was built between 1783 and 1797. By the time I got here, sun was setting and I knew I was going to miss out on one of the other places I'd hoped to visit.

The church was closed by the time I got there which was too bad because as I recall, the inside is also pretty special.

Since the doors were closed, I noticed a detail I didn't recall from before. Not the most inviting door hardware!

The other one that I missed was at the Pima Air & Space Museum. I used to take my classes there, but haven't been there in nearly 25 years. With the gate closed, I couldn't get the info I needed for this virtual cache.

I finished up the day with a few more multi's that were conveniently located along a dirt road

that became my home for the night. I got my hotel parked just as the last light was disappearing in the west.

Home for the night was BJ's Subaru Outback. Just long enough for me to sleep stretched out.
Could have stayed at a hotel, but parking within 25 feet of the cache that I wanted to start with at 4:30 a.m. was much more logical.

No comments:

Post a Comment