Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Fountain Hills

Another one of those spots I've always driven past is the 'lake' in Fountain Hills. The fountain is rather famous. When it was built, it was the world's tallest fountain. Using all three 600 hp pumps, the fountain shoots 560 feet high. Normally they only use two pumps for a height of 300 feet. On the day I was there, the fountain wasn't operating.

The lake is filled with reclaimed water and thus no swimming or boating is allowed. There's a wide array of public art around the lake. When I was there it was abundantly clear that many of the local residents enjoy an early morning walk around the lake with their four-legged friends, although this was the only turtle spotted.

This sculpture intrigued me, in part because it seemed it was an open invitation for kids to climb on it.

This was the smallest sculpture that caught my eye,

but it was the horse that sucked me in. I must have spent 30+ minutes looking at the details of this fascinating piece of art.

Everywhere you looked, you'd spot another unlikely component to this horse. This is the left side

And this is the right side. Somewhere, there's an old, now empty, kitchen!




Yes, there's a geocache there somewhere. No, I didn't find it although others have since I was there. I'm going to have to go back with BJ since she spots stuff I can't find.

No comments:

Post a Comment