We got the rear seat hatch lid fitted and the trim epoxied in place and figured out the location for the bilge pump and the list of parts needed for that installation. Haven't started fitting the bulkhead hatches yet, but they'll be easier than the hinged lids - I think...
We got fore & aft decks sanded and the the left side hatch glassed before the end of the day. We were pleased to have guests checking out our progress around mid day and the neighbors stopped by at quitting time to check it out and invite us to dinner. Nice!
The next day the back seat was glassed, the fore and aft decks were filled with another coat of resin,
and the right side hatch deck was glassed.
Nice and shiny, but sticky, moving the next projects outside to avoid getting sawdust in the curing resin.
While Tony started working on the splash guard design, I started making jigs for fitting the latches into the deck lids. These latches are something that definitely wasn't on the original boat!
The epoxy finally cured enough that we could start cutting and couldn't resist doing one set. The latches fit, nicely recessed into the hatch lid. It only took two tries on each of two jigs to get them right!
We confirmed that the larger centralised single hatch design works with the original location of the splash guard before quitting - just in time to watch the last quarter of the Seahawks game.
Tomorrow I head home again for a couple days. I'm thinking that about one more long week on this will have worn out my welcome both here and at home.
On a different note for our long-time readers, Turk had a piece of bone about 1/2" long work out through his skin today. A left-over from his mauling in Fairbanks this summer. A vet visit is on the schedule for tomorrow.