Friday, October 25, 2013

Thankful for my Sister


During the process of scanning boxes of old negatives and pictures, I've been reminded of how fortunate I've been to have an older sister. She's always been the better thinker and student - a process that clearly started young.

She made sure that I got plenty of fresh air,

taught me to smile when caught red-handed,

and read to me long before she learned to read.

She taught me to feed the lamb, 

and was always there to lean on when I needed her.

Most of all, she taught me to never consider an obstacle too large. 

She gave me my first driving lesson, too, but I haven't run across any pictures of that.  ;-)

Seriously, I've been blest to have a wonderful sister. It's not her birthday or any other special day - just time to say thanks for the memories!

2 comments:

  1. What precious memories, John. And such a moving tribute.

    Thanks for letting us share those special times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't see one another very often anymore but the memories are wonderful. I've been blessed.

      Delete